Alaina's in the paper... again!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just Wondering...

Ever since we got Alaina's letter earlier this month, we've been wondering who might have submitted her name to NAM. Her letter, from the state director, simply says "You daughter has been referred to me as a possible candidate who may enjoy modeling, acting or learning stage techniques that will help empower and enable her to accomplish her future goals." Well, Alaina loves loves dressing up & looking "fabulous" lol! She's been in one school play this year & will be in a second in May. We thought over it again & again & could only come up with two people from her school & one other person that we know.

Earlier, I was looking at the NAM Rocks blog & I ran across a post entitled "National American Miss - How did you get my/or my daughter's name and address?" As I read through it, I found the following information:

1. On the bottom of that letter that you received, their may be some logos for various organizations. These logos are National American Miss's sponsors, who support what we do, and refer girls to us each year. These organizations are National Honor Society, American Cheerleader, Dance Spirit, John Robert Powers Modeling School, and Ford Motor Company




2. Another way is that girls who have participated in our program in the past have a chance to recommend outstanding young ladies to us, as they feel that this might be something you are interested in, are interested in gaining like skills and confidence, or have what it takes to be the next National American Miss. THIS is actually how I got that "life-changing" invitation letter in the mail years ago. A girl who went to the same dance school as me referred me to the pageant ( I didn't even know it until years later), and that's how I got started!

3. Lastly, we work with community leaders ( teachers, coaches, school counselors, etc) who know of National American Miss and refer girls to us. Often, neighbors even call us and tell us that their little neighbor girl is "sooo sweet and they want to recommend her to us!"

Bottom line, someone in your community thinks you are special and unique! You should be sooo proud of yourself, just for receiving this awesome invitation - not everyone gets one. Don't believe me - ask around at school!!

That basically answered my question! While I still don't know who thought enough of my little angel to submit her name, I really do appreciate it! This is a huge opportunity for her that, with God's grace & favor, will prove to be wonderful. The experience & confidence she will gain is a tremendous blessing. We're truly humbled!

No comments:

Post a Comment